No management course could prepare leaders to handle the COVID-19 crisis. But even still, great leaders know to put people first. That’s exactly what Kent Bredehoeft, CEO of the Kansas-based fuel systems engineering firm Argus Consulting, decided to do.
He’s navigating his team through the pandemic using these pillars.
1. Set your workforce up for success and keep a pulse on their well-being.
2. Do what engineers do best – solve problems.
3. Let your vision and your values guide your decisions.
4. Establish new goalposts, then shout them from the balcony.
5. Embrace change and look for the light at the end of the tunnel.
– Nellie Betzen, The Engineering 100